The UPPS! Extension Intelligent Navigator is cip alpha's solution for highly efficient navigation through Polarion LiveDocs.
- Preview using the UPPS! Preview at all links and cross references like at links in Wikipedia
- Navigate between WorkItems in LiveDocs using the UPPS! Dial like in browsers with the ← button and left/right mouse button
- Never again get stuck in the LiveDoc history just because you followed a pinned link
AM-PACK – cip alpha's Automotive and Mechatronics Package, the most comprehensive "use Polarion off the shelf" add-on to Polarion ALM – provides the Intelligent Navigator to its users as an integral feature set.
When editing WorkItems in LiveDocs, it is common for the content of WorkItems you are working on to be related to the content of other WorkItems you have already edited or which others have edited.
It is then unavoidable to navigate back and forth between the different WorkItems. In large LiveDocs, this can quickly become inconvenient because you have to scroll laboriously or even navigate with the help of the browser's search function.
The UPPS! Dial of the Intelligent Navigator behaves like the ← button of browsers: Left-click navigates directly to the most recently focused WorkItem, right-click opens a drop-down menu with the recently focused WorkItems for selection with left-click.
For the use of UPPS! Extensions, you need one UPPS! Extensions license file per Polarion instance. If the Polarion installation includes ...
- only one Polarion instance, then the license scope per UPPS! Extension is determined by the corresponding Polarion license file
- multiple Polarion instances, then the license scope per UPPS! Extension is determined by the Polarion license file on the coordinator, and on each Polarion instance there is one and the same UPPS! Extensions license file corresponding to the installation-wide Polarion license scope
For each UPPS! Extension there are two license types, namely evaluation license and production license.
- An evaluation license allows the use of the UPPS! Extension on all Polarion instances of a Polarion installation in all Polarion projects for a period of 100 days including upgrades to UPPS! Extension versions released during the evaluation period.
- A production license allows the permanent use of the UPPS! Extension on all Polarion instances of a Polarion installation in all Polarion projects including unlimited upgrading to UPPS! Extension versions released later on.
UPPS! Extension licenses can only be purchased by organizations – profit and non-profit organizations, public administration institutions as well as recognized educational institutions – through a person representing them. The basis for this is the data provided to us via the request for quotation.
- We provide an evaluation license for the Intelligent Navigator on request free of charge once per organization and Polarion installation.
- We provide a specific organization / Polarion installation with a production license for the Intelligent Navigator after confirmation of our quotation or receipt of a formal order. We determine the one-time license fee applicable thereto as follows:
- Licensing factor
= (number of named Polarion ALM, REQ, QA, and PRO licenses)
+ 2 * (number of concurrent Polarion ALM, REQ, QA, and PRO licenses),
but not less than 50 and not more than 250
- License fee for non-educational organizations = Licensing factor * 60 €
- License fee for recognized educational institutions = Licensing factor * 30 €
- Additionally the legal value-added tax for licensees based in Germany.
- Licensing factor